From One Birthday To The Next

To describe me takes talent... all I can say is, "Come back here and i'll bite your legs off!" Thats my favorite line from Monty Pythons-The Holy Grail... If I haven't scared you off with that brief introduction, i guess you deserve to read some more about me.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The miyun was interesting today!

We had a guy come in with a cocaine overdose. Well, actually MDA brought him in, but it was funny. He's a homeless guy character. And as we heard in orita today, and I agree with, most people are stupid, because they dont want to put in the effort to fix themselves or really live life, so they try to imitate the feeling with drugs. Well, it doesnt work. Especially if you wind up in the hospital, with the doctor slapping your chest so you dont fall asleep because you're breathing funny, from taking to much cocaine :)

The next story- three people in trauma at once. I finally saw how you put a cathater into a male and I realized that I dont really like our best midnadev so much. ha ha ha

But the best story today went something like this:

One of the nurses came to the head nurse and informed her that there was an interesting patient sitting outside in tria'ge. The head nurse nodded her head, said she would be out in a minute and the other nurse shrugged her shoulders and went back to work.
A few minutes later the head nurse goes out and I'm curious, so I go with her. Sitting in tria'ge, shirtless and shoeless, but with a very impressive bloody bandage all around one leg, the man relates his story. Something about a shul, tel aviv, police, and walking to the miyun.
Uh huh, says the head nurse, do you by any chance have family looking for you? No family? Well maybe friends then? Oh! You have the number of your friend? Come lets write it down and then I'll call him and let him know you're here. ok.
After making sure that the bitachon were keeping an eye on him, we go into the miyun and call this guys friend.
"Hello this is the head nurse from the miyun at ... speaking."

I only heard her side of the conversation, but she repeated almost everything that he said so I'm assuming that I got most of it.
"Yes, a certain friend of yours just came into the miyun.
Yes, he said the police were looking for him.
Right, a shul in Tel Aviv.
I see.
We Shouldnt let him leave.
Are you aware that he has stitches all over one leg.
Yes, you are aware of that.
Right he probably needs to be hospitalized, oh mental is he.
He thinks he's gd?
Ah ha.
Do you know how he got here from tel aviv?
He walked?!
Well, he did mention it, but I didnt really believe him.
Ok, yes.
You are going to inform the police that hes here?
I dont need to tell them?
Ok, I see.
Well, we'll keep an eye in him for now.
Here's the number for the miyun you can call and talk to us and let us know whats going on.
Ok, thank you.
Yes, goodbye."

I was trying not to crack up and I went outside because the bitachon guy was giving me funny looks. The bitachon asked me to bring a wheel chair and even gave me permission to take one from the "secret room" that they stashed some of the wheel chairs in. I brought on in and the bitachon guy offered it to the wounded man. He looked at the bitachon guy like he was crazy and then yelled at him, "I just walked for three days from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. You think I wont be able to walk around the miyun?! Its tiny..."

Some people are brighter than other... Its so sad to think, that the random walking even when you have no energy to walk anymore is some thing I would do, or rather have done... has anyone seen the toaster anywhere???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home