From One Birthday To The Next

To describe me takes talent... all I can say is, "Come back here and i'll bite your legs off!" Thats my favorite line from Monty Pythons-The Holy Grail... If I haven't scared you off with that brief introduction, i guess you deserve to read some more about me.

Friday, April 20, 2007

"Excuse me," I hear a voice say, "Do you know where I can buy some gum?"

The obvious answer would be in a supermarket or your local makolet, but when someone asks you this while leaning out of a car window on a main city street where there are no supermarkets or even local makolet, the obvious answer just wont cut it.

"Um, no. Sorry," I reply.

"Ok, thanks anyway." This is said as if its a lost cause. (Even though we are only talking about gum here...)

I continue walking and chewing my gum all the while.

Wait a second... I'm chewing gum! I even have another few pieces. And they are in my little pocket of my backpack.

Should I offer her some???
Yes? No? I cant decided, but the light is still red, so I run back up to where the car is waiting.

"Hey! I have gum! Here! Take it!" I toss the gum in through the car window while shouting.

With a puzzled look she says, "Are you serious?"

I'm nodding my head fervently with a grin plastered across my face because this situation is totally random. "Of course I am!" I answer.

"Wow! Cool, thanks!" She stutters, because like me she is also trying to make sense of what just went on here. She takes a piece and hands the rest of the package back to me.

I start to walk away when I hear her yell, "Hey! Wait! Where do you need to go?"

I turn around and shake my head. "Not in your direction."
But the light has already turned green, so we smile at each other, I give a little wave, her car starts to go, and we both continue on our separate ways.

3 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every small bit of kindness makes the world a more beautiful place.

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ya know - I think Tamir is really onto something.

You are a very special person Sammy.

Even when you know it'll suck for you and it isn't fair to you, you will go out of your way to help a person.

Thanks.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Sunhouse said...

Yay to Sammy for a random act of kindness.

But what if she was actually a terrorist in disguise? You never know. Best to be cautious and don't talk to anyone - even people you know!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home