From One Birthday To The Next

To describe me takes talent... all I can say is, "Come back here and i'll bite your legs off!" Thats my favorite line from Monty Pythons-The Holy Grail... If I haven't scared you off with that brief introduction, i guess you deserve to read some more about me.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Thank you for that comment... It brightened up my day knowing that other people also like to be concise sometimes.

10 Things I learned today that I might not have wanted to learn:

1 you don't always get what you want
2 making pancakes in a frying pan is a painful procedure
3 the guy at zol l'mahadrin has an ego problem
4 I don't understand Russian
5 I also don't always understand confused
6 I dislike purple changing color kippot
7 you don't always know what you need to know even when you want to know it
8 you don't always know what you want to know even when you need to know it
9 I really miss my anklet
10 don't always trust the weather

that's all I think... Ten is a lot! g'night mush!

7 Comments:

At 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least the music was great! No??

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Mory said...

"I don't always understand confused"

Now I'm confused! :D

I agree that there are some things better not known. Darkness can be at least as beautiful as light, you know.

Oh, and if you don't mind my asking, how did you go this long without realizing that you don't understand Russian? :P

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Mory said...

Oh, and just to carry on the theme of the post:

I've learned today that solo improvisation isn't as much fun as improvising a duet. You never want to learn something like that, because if you do it means you can't get it anymore and you miss it.

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Sammy said...

1 The music was great!
2The keppa isnt alive yet, so there!
3 Understanding confused is a talent. It is very annoying when people get confused about the simplest things.
4 Yes, being oblivious to somethings would be wonderful.
5 I always knew that I didnt know russian, but when five russian speaking people come up to you, it sort of hits you...
6 maybe you should find someone to play a duet with then, since you dont have people to play them with anymore.

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Mory said...

Sounds like a good plan. Say, do you improvise? Not that I'm bringing this up for any particular reason, of course... [stares at feet]

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Sammy said...

well, my piano playing seems to be getting worse and worse or else i just want to stop having to play these pieces for the bagrut... i only learned how to read notes a few months ago and i still just know all the pieces i know by heart, and i've never tried to improvise before, so i wouldnt know if i'm good at it or not...

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Mory said...

Not much to know really- you just start playing. The only knowledge you need is that if you make a mistake, you should pretend it was intentional. Beyond that, it doesn't take much skill, just self-confidence. But then there's the issue of getting two pianos in one room to improvise on... Bleh.

It's sort of strange for me to miss something from school, but I miss improvised duets.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home