From One Birthday To The Next

To describe me takes talent... all I can say is, "Come back here and i'll bite your legs off!" Thats my favorite line from Monty Pythons-The Holy Grail... If I haven't scared you off with that brief introduction, i guess you deserve to read some more about me.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I seem to be having on and off days. Today was an on day. That means that the green light flashed go all day long and I was moving from here to there to the next place. Granted I thought the day would be sort of a yellow light and so I tried sleeping late, but I went to the grocery store instead and laughed at the guy stacking cabbages and laughed with eema as we took all of the bread flour that they had out on the shelf. She even bought me a cauliflower, so I made lunch when I got home. Then of course it was time for the baking chug and its a good thing to, because I dont think that my stomach could have handled to much more cauliflower. I let Eema have the rest.
We made challah today. Why is it that when you want them to follow instructions, they dont, but when you tell them to do what they want, they question your every move? Well, Abba had turned on the air conditioning and some how we didnt realize, so it got to cool in the house for the dough to rise properly in its allotted amount of time. Kneading the dough was also an experience and why dont people listen when you say, "dont touch"? So I left Eema to play with the doughs and the ovens and I divided pretzels and Brenda gave out chocolate and sprinkles to the girls. It made a big mess, but seeing as this didnt need to be cooked and it was chocolate, they were thrilled. I left Eema to help them braid it, we were working on overtime again, and I escaped upstairs to my room. Of course, I was left most of the bowls to wash afterward, but it wasnt too bad.
The really big event of tonight was dining at Normans steak and hamburger house. I like meat :) So do most of my cousins, and my new cousin-in-law. It was a big hit.
Oh, right, why were we celebrating? It is the one year aliyah anniversary of my grandparents. I even wrote a speech!

" A year ago I presented you with a poem, but tonight I am going to be less creative and display my message with unrhyming prose. A year ago you made aliyah and that was one of the most exciting moments of our lives. Our own aliyah experiences had been momentous and changed our own lives, but after living 5,631 miles away from you for two whole years having you nearby again was amazing! Not to mention the fact the we can now party with the Preisers (and Admons :) ) whenever there is an occasion too. This year was filled with new experiences, a lot of learning (right savta? ;) ), planting gardens, and settling into a new home. You have overcome these challanges and so we are celebrating here tonight. Be'ezrat Hashem, soon every Jew everywhere will follow your example and we will all live in Eretz HaKodesh with the coming of Ma'shiach. Kol HaKavod Saba and Savta! We love you both very much!"

It was a touching little speech. Thank you Abba for helping me polish it up. Back to the party part: Chaim got a really really big burger, Avi wiped his plate clean (a first!) and I ate steak which was very very yummy :) I like meat (:
Once we were all done and left the restaurant, a man walked up to my father and asked him if he had davened maariv yet. My father replied in the negetive. "Good!" said the man. "We're nine," stated my father. "Nine? And i'm ten?!?! Wow! I made a minyan! That was easy!" Shouted the man with glee. Anyway, the shocked and happy look on the guys face was amusing. So the men davened maariv and the women and little boys went to wander around. Finally we got into our rightful cars and headed for home.
Now its time for bed and sleep doesnt seem to be to long in coming...
g'night mush

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home