From One Birthday To The Next

To describe me takes talent... all I can say is, "Come back here and i'll bite your legs off!" Thats my favorite line from Monty Pythons-The Holy Grail... If I haven't scared you off with that brief introduction, i guess you deserve to read some more about me.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

This one's for Raizi:

Yes, the gaps between my posts are growing once again and I must apologize for that. Lately I've had so much to do that I never get around to writing it down.

Sunday I helped Sara out and came to play counsler for the day. It was a long day and the kids are tired before they do anything. My own personal opinions, sorry if they seem rude, but Achdut could be a much better camp than it is. The campers need to learn some disipline and the staff needs to help disipline them. Maybe it is the Israeli mentality, but when kids think that they can get away with everything, you know that there is a problem.
Aside from that discovered issue, I had a busy day running after escaping campers and trying to get them to listen. By the end of the day I was fed up and was so happy to go home knowing that there are "only nine days of camp left and then I dont have to come to camp anymore" (that was a quote made by girl in my group.)

Yesterday, which was Monday, Kayla and I ventured a trip into Jerusalem. We went to listen to some shiyurim about shmirat halashon. I discovered that Har Nof is actually a rather pretty neighborhood. but the Neveh Yerushalyim campus offended my sensibilities a little. I had originally thought that the topic we would be hearing about, would be awfully boring, but each of the three speakers took a take on a different angle of the topic and it was fascinating and I am really glad that Kayla and I went. I havent heard speakers speak like that for a long time and it really strengthened something within me to hear what they had to say. Needless to say, it was not your average boring speaker reciting to you how bad it is to speak lashon harah.

We got home sometime in the afternoon and my headache, which had been steadily growing since shabbat, was worse than ever. so I decided to go to sleep and maybe sleep for fourteen hours or so. Knowing me, if you do, you would know that I am not really one to do this type of thing and I am starting to think that lying in my bed with nothing to do, trying to fall asleep does not really appeal to me, so I finished the last two hundred pages of my book. I am really glad that I borrowed these books from Savta, because I happen to think that they are amazing.Rosamund Pilcher is an amazing author. I read three of her books and am in love with two of them. I thought that they would be sappy romance novels, which I was in the mood to read when I started the first book, but turns out that it wasnt. So I read all three and two of them are just so amazing that I have been in a state of perpetual suspence since late last week. I was going crazy trying to figure out how they ended and now I know. It is slightly disappointing, because now I have nothing new to read. And to top it all off, I cant even reread them, because they are to fresh in my mind and I would be greatly disappointed if I did not get as engrossed in the books as I first did. Which I am sure that I would not be, because the stories have been replaying themsleves in my mind since I finished then last night.

Brenda made supper. She is so odd. After eating lots and lots of potato soup, I cleared my place and left the house to get a bit of fresh air. I walked to Saba and Savtas house. It was a beautiful walk. I walked through the sunset and it was cool and breezy and not to dark. I spent an hour there and then we took a drive back here, where they left me and went home. So I had to find something else to do. I dragged Brenda down to the toy room and then made her watch a movie with me. I have made her watch that movie so many times that we both know it by heart.

This morning was also an adventure. I had to got o the doctor to get some forms filled out for sherut leumi which is starting in a month. I forgot my kepat cholim card, so we drove home quickly to get it. I got all the forms filled out and now all I have left to do is get a blood test tomorrow morning to determine if I need another heptitis B shot or not. And to go into Jerusalem to get a PPD test done. Which isnt a lot really.

I now have to organize all the papers that are lying around my room and put them into some semablence of order, so that my room is neat. I want to come home after a week of working and living in a dorm and know where all of my stuff is. So I figure that I am going to need to organize my room. Plus, if I want to have friends for Shabbat, then it would be nice if my room was neat, because then maybe someone will be kind enough to sweep and wash the floor in my room for me every once in a while ;) (: should I dare to hope?????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home