From One Birthday To The Next

To describe me takes talent... all I can say is, "Come back here and i'll bite your legs off!" Thats my favorite line from Monty Pythons-The Holy Grail... If I haven't scared you off with that brief introduction, i guess you deserve to read some more about me.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Its so windy out and the air is dry and not too cold. One of the most splendid kinds of nights! nights like these and romantic book put me into a poetic mood and whimsical humor. I keep pushing a bit of unfortunate knowledge out of my mind. I do not dare write it here for fear that it will come true. somehow I dont think they'll cancel my history test that I havent studied for yet.
To tell you about today. I recieved an 89 on my tanach test. its not dreadfully bad. it isnt excellent, but the teacher doesnt seem to like my way of writing and since I got the best grade I will consider this a victory.
We had the most lively discussion with our dear mechanechet. I reminded them that everyone is different and we arent all made out of the same mold and there is no reason we should be. everyone has there faults and their greater attributes. but people dont like to listen to me speak my mind. they listen, but dont take it to heart and they try to deny it just because their first impressions were opposite my own. It is a frustration thing to think to much but it brings so many possibilities with it to, so I wouldnt trade my mind for the world. I can reach pretty far into it too when I feeling like stretching.
There is a hair dryer sitting on top of my printer, which is why my phone could not sit in its usual spot. I wonder why its there. then I remember... think back to when you walked in the rain and your shoes started to mold, so you dried them... I know I would never use it for my hair, because that would take effort on something that would just wind up disheviled anyway, so why bother. I tend to usually be disheviled. I guess it is me.
I have been composing this blog for quite some time, I noticed, so I will have to end it and go study for my history test.
I hope I have amused you enough, or given you something to think about.
gnight all and gnight mush

2 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sam, between your eclectic style of writing and top-notch vocabulary - all we need to do is get you an editor for spell-checking and grammar review and this thing could be an auto-biography.

Granted Barnes and Noble would have to sell it in the Comedy section but still... ;)

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Mory said...

Your mistake was not in thinking, a most important activity, but in expecting others to agree. If there's anything I've learned in my life, it's that people don't want to know that the rest of the world isn't like them. For instance, reading your blog, I noticed all sorts of similarities to my own experiences, but was very disappointed when I saw instances in which I could not relate to what you were saying. See, this is a human thing.

You tell someone that everyone's different, they'll nod their heads along and ask you why you're not more like them. We all have standards which we think are what's the right way of living, the right way of speaking, the right way of thinking. People who don't fit into this comfortable little mold need to be discredited, or else we lose the comfort of knowing that our views are the absolute truth. If someone doesn't behave like us, we say he/she has a "psychological disease", or a "social problem", or is just weird. Then we don't have to think about them anymore. And life's so much easier that way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home